Breaking Political News

"It's been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." -- Ronald Reagan
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Bush is on a roll
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 10:35 am 
Active Sqlspacer

Yesterday, G.W. Bush gave an hour and a half speech about Iran, Iraq and all the other criticisms that target his administration at this point in time. Today, he is back on the podium at the White House holding a press conference. So far he is standing very firm on message, not backing down to questions and pronouncing a stronger message from yesterday's successful speech.

Full Story

Post subject: re: Bush is on a roll
Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:14 am 
I need to repeat myself, The only men happy in us.a

George wants War -

:arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow: :arrow:

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 11:40 am 
Active Sqlspacer

Thats the difference I guess.. I don't consider Bush happy to be doing his job. I am suprised pre-election Bush critics don't have the attitude that this guy just wanted to be president... but then boom 911 happened and ruined his fun in the sun and that they would actually cut him some slack. Oh wait, I forgot a word - sarcasm. I think the accomplishments in Iraq are historically greater than majority realize.

Unread postPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:53 pm 
Active Sqlspacer

from todays press conference -- the following is taken from: http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/ ... hig_1.html

Quote:
He calls on Helen Thomas, teasing her for her performance at the Gridiron dinner. Thomas: "Your decision to invade Iraq has caused the deaths of thousands of Americans and Iraqis...every reason given has turned out not to be true...why did you really want to go war?"

Bush: "I think your premise...I didn't want war. To assume I wanted war is just flat wrong. No president wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true. My attitude about the defense of this country changed on September the 11th. Our foreign policy changed on that day. We used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy but we realized on 9/11 that killers could destroy innoncent life. And I'm never going to forget it and never going to forget the vow to do everything in my power to prect the American people."

(Thomas tries to cross talk and Bush is not happy with the interruption.)

"I also saw a threat in Iraq. I was hoping to solve this problem diplomatically...that's why I went to the security council....the world say, disarm, disclose or face serious consequences....therefore, we worked with the world...and when [Saddam] chose not to disclose, then I made a difficult decision to remove him..."