Breaking Political News

Sqlspace has been online since 2003
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Some things never change
Unread postPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 9:46 am 
Active Sqlspacer

At a time when the approval ratings for the president, his administration, congress and the iraq war are at their lowest, one thing that hasn't changed - Country is still conservative.

It looks like the Dixie Chicks are at it again with another album. This time around you don't hear anything about what their political views are, however, radio listeners are the ones being heard.

According to a UPI article:

Quote:
Although the album hits stores Tuesday, the first two singles from the album are not getting widespread airplay, Billboard.com reported Monday.

The first single, "Not Ready to Make Nice," only peaked at No. 36 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart and the second single, "Everybody Knows," is moving downward after its peak at No. 48.

WKIS FM in Miami reported it pulled "Not Ready to Make Nice" due to listener complaints after only one week.

Now when is Madonna gonna realize that even when its popular thought, it's still not wise to put yourself out there.

Full Story

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:30 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

They are also having to cancel some concert dates to 'lack of interest' and their most recent attack is on 'patriots' who love their country.

Quote:
“The entire country may disagree with me, but I don’t understand the necessity for patriotism,” Maines resumes, through gritted teeth. “Why do you have to be a patriot? About what? This land is our land? Why? You can like where you live and like your life, but as for loving the whole country… I don’t see why people care about patriotism.”

Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

MrPurple 3:16

Bite me, Founder.

Stand up for SqlSpace equality!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67736

Go Rogue on SqlSpace with me!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67778