Breaking Political News

"It's been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." -- Ronald Reagan
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Australien?
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:29 am 
Master Sqlspacer

Top UFO spotter endorses Uluru UFO claimBy Ben Langford
January 11, 2008 01:00am

AN experienced UFO spotter has lent his support to the theory aliens landed at Uluru and created human beings.

Lew Farkas runs the store and holiday park at Wycliffe Well, an internationally-renowned UFO hotspot 380km north of Alice Springs on the Stuart Highway.

The Northern Territory News yesterday reported on a US UFO enthusiasts' website carrying a story about aliens landing at the Rock and creating human life.

The event, the UFO Area website claims, is depicted in Aboriginal rock paintings at Uluru.

Mr Farkas, 60, said he has spotted about 30 UFOs in his time.

"I think it's feasible," he said.

"There's more to things in the past and to our lives than we can comprehend.

"I think that some other beings from another planet in some format started us off down here.

"That's why they keep coming back and checking us out."

Mr Farkas said depictions of aliens were common to the art of many ancient cultures.

"They all seem to have a being with helmets on and space-looking characters," he said.

"They only paint what they see.

"Indians, Aztecs, they've all got space creatures."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23035923-2,00.html

I really don't get it, why would you travel across the galaxy just to help some primitive society?

Slackvision wrote:
AlQ was built by "us" and they work for "us".
Slackvision wrote:
You're going to hell with fire and brimstone if you don't get on board with the plan.

“After seven years of an Administration that has stretched our military to the breaking point, ignored deplorable conditions at some VA hospitals, and neglected the planning and preparation necessary to care for our returning heroes, America’s veterans deserve a President who will fight for them not just when it’s easy or convenient, but every hour of every day for the next four years.”

-Barack Obama, November 12, 2007

Post subject: Re: Australien?
Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:12 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

busted wrote:
I really don't get it, why would you travel across the galaxy just to help some primitive society?

Haha, sort of a redneck culture down there in aussie-land, sort of like those desolate hickish parts of the U.S. We want to believe — "eh, pass me another Heineken mate!" *I wonder if those aboriginals just make up all of that 'dream-time' stuff to sucker in the naive tourist industry.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:22 pm 
Chapman wrote:
busted wrote:

Haha, sort of a redneck culture down there in aussie-land, sort of like those desolate hickish parts of the U.S. We want to believe — "eh, pass me another Heineken mate!" *I wonder if those aboriginals just make up all of that 'dream-time' stuff to sucker in the naive tourist industry.

:lol: A little pessimistic of you there Chapman.
Oh and BTW Heineken is the worse Dutch bear in the worlk the Dutch dont drink it,, well hardly in any case,, perhaps the die hard red necks?
The same goes with Fosters, I cant remember the last time I saw an Australian I know drink Fosters... Ew its enough to put you off beer for ever... Now Crown Larger on the other hand of James squires or casscade or well the list goes on most anything is better than Fosters.

As for dream time stories, they are just that stories, and from area to area each one is different, only a scarce few are the same :)

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:37 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

andz wrote:
:lol: A little pessimistic of you there Chapman.
Oh and BTW Heineken is the worse Dutch bear in the worlk the Dutch dont drink it,, well hardly in any case,, perhaps the die hard red necks?
The same goes with Fosters, I cant remember the last time I saw an Australian I know drink Fosters... Ew its enough to put you off beer for ever... Now Crown Larger on the other hand of James squires or casscade or well the list goes on most anything is better than Fosters.

Haha, yeah, I just thought the word Heineken would sound funnier than Fosters in my tried Aussie accent. I don't really know what a good beer is, I just know that some beer taste extremely Bad. And other beer I don't mind drinking as much. I think I have horrible allergic reactions to Fosters beer for some reason.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:55 pm 
Damn there were some typos in that,,, I hate being in a hurry, oh well :) .
Heineken yes sounds real funny and I think I have an allergic reaction to anything Dutch :lol: long story never mind :flush:

If you happen to have an allergic reaction to Fosters, well work on that accent :P and you could fit right in :)

For me, well I dont mind Carlton Draught, or Tooheys eh I used to enjoy a glass of Tooheys old with my grampa it reminds me of him still :D but mostly the whit Beer produced as the Castlemaine distillery, mmm its different and nice with lemon in summer, provided your already hydrated and its not a water substitute :lol:

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:28 pm 
Australien? :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPvM_Rrab_I

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:50 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Quote:

why do humans travel all the way into the jungle/ocean/desert/forest/tundra/ to help endangered/vulnerable species?

maybe empathy and a yearn to help others?

The path to prosperity is peace and the path to peace is the realization religion of worship is false. Image

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:56 am 
don776 wrote:
Quote:

why do humans travel all the way into the jungle/ocean/desert/forest/tundra/ to help endangered/vulnerable species?

maybe empathy and a yearn to help others?

Oh my gosh that would take a freaking mountain of empathy with an equal quantity of INSANITY.

Nice thought though Don.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:58 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

If there really were aliens, they wouldn't come near the hell hole we have turned earth into. Think about how bad we treat each other for our minor differences, and then think of how they would believe we'd treat them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!