Breaking Political News

Sqlspace has been online since 2003
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Australien?
Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:44 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

-Ironworker- wrote:
If there really were aliens, they wouldn't come near the hell hole we have turned earth into. Think about how bad we treat each other for our minor differences, and then think of how they would believe we'd treat them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol, good point. Btw I love your new avatar, keeps me rolling! Think about it, if you were an alien sitting up in a lofty UFO or spacecraft, wouldn't you just be up there watching the show, waiting for us humans to wipe ourselves out. Then once we do (probably within the next hundred years) then just come coast on down and make Earth your new home. There might be a few human stragglers left, but they will be borderline dead with some kind of radiation sickness. *That's what I would do if I were an alien!

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:00 pm 

That sounds like a bad b-movie Chapman :lol: But, it does make sense.

Autrui c'est le Diable.
-Sartre

The Truth Against The World! - Sacred Knowledge Dot Org

I Am A Spirit Having A Human Experience

Et bien, tuer tous les Philosophes - ils sont tous dangereux!

Support your Local Independant Artists, Musicians & Lemonade Stands!

Q'elle'sar Sidhefire
Resident Philosopher & Bleeding Heart

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:16 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

Q'elle'sar wrote:
That sounds like a bad b-movie Chapman :lol: But, it does make sense.

Yeah it does :lol: It seems like the worst thinkable crap sells these days. That's why I'm sort of intrigued by why so many people are so seriously caught up in the whole UFO phenomena. Most of the photos either looked doctored up, or like something extremely boring and kid-like (nothing like the beautiful nature photos you take). Most of the movies in the genre are really bad and don't seem to pertain to anything really meaningful in life. I guess next to Britany Spears fans, the people who annoy me the most are the ones who are so constantly intrigued by UFOs. It's like they are too afraid to take a basic physics course in college, and/or not intelligent enough to discuss or do anything more meaningful with their lives.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:56 am 

Fair enough. The photographic & video evidence is always dubitable - especially with the availability of Photoshop & After Effects that make it easy for just about anyone to "doctor" so-called proof. But, there is still eye-witness accounts from reliable sources. One such source is a member here. Talk to Don about the kinds of things he's seen. Things like that really make me think seriously about UFOs.

Autrui c'est le Diable.
-Sartre

Q'elle'sar Sidhefire

Unread postPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:41 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Chapman wrote:
don776 wrote:
Quote:
I really don't get it, why would you travel across the galaxy just to help some primitive society?

why do humans travel all the way into the jungle/ocean/desert/forest/tundra/ to help endangered/vulnerable species?

maybe empathy and a yearn to help others?

I hope you're kidding. We humans "help endangered species" or you mean we are the ones that make the species endangered? I thought you are the 'Ban Religion' guru one in here... If there was ever an argument for E.T's coming to earth to help or intervene with primitive human societies then it is to be found in the origins of your major world Religions — i.e., Judaism, Christianity, islam, hinduism. For better or worse, one could make that argument, but to say that we humans have "helped others" as in the wildlife and habitat we have destroyed for profit is a foolish statement.

my point in endangered does not restrict itself to endangered.

as far as we know humans have but one planet, and if disaster were to befall that planet, humans would perish as did the species of past that became extinct on earth.
if a species has but one enviroment left in nature, it is usually classed an endangered species if that enviroment is ever under threat.

and so basicly what you are saying is that because there are a portion of greedy humans who destroy natural enviroments for profit or fun, the people who do not/the people who try to fix it are just as guilty, and therefor nothing they can do will justify their intentions?

The path to prosperity is peace and the path to peace is the realization religion of worship is false. Image

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:09 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

don776 wrote:
my point in endangered does not restrict itself to endangered.

as far as we know humans have but one planet, and if disaster were to befall that planet, humans would perish as did the species of past that became extinct on earth.
if a species has but one enviroment left in nature, it is usually classed an endangered species if that enviroment is ever under threat.

and so basicly what you are saying is that because there are a portion of greedy humans who destroy natural enviroments for profit or fun, the people who do not/the people who try to fix it are just as guilty, and therefor nothing they can do will justify their intentions?

I think it kind of goes beyond that. You are one of the big proponents of Evolution in here, did you know that once upon a time Polar Bears were more like grizzly bears, but they evolved (adapted) to the extremely cold environments up north? With their thick white fur, and great ability to swim -- some biologists even think they should be reclassified as "marine mammals." Guess what, now with climate change and the Ice caps melting, Polar Bears are having a harder time finding food, and they are actually having to swim further and further away to mainland (like 150 miles) because of the receeding ice. So now they are not only encroaching on human habitat but are also running into their former selves, the Grizzly's! They have even interbred with them a few times. This isn't supposed to be happening. Polar bear cubs are dying, they can't make the long swims without the help of the ice. This portion of "greedy humans" appears to be the majority of all humans, because we are all contributors to this climate change. Even if we made hard ditch efforts to save the Polar Bears and set up some arctic reserves or something, is that going to stop you and me from driving your car or using heat oil in the winter? My belief is that this planet could really do without humans, too many of us are destroyers.

--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:21 pm 
You know Chapman, you do have a bit of a point, and really I tend to think that nature is going to level us out, because the cost of sustaining the population is going to outweigh need, and I think we all know money for some is far more valuable than life, with the planet getting sick we wont be able to sustain the population it just wont be possible.. So, sooner of latter, there will be a huge something that’s going to put a halt and reverse on the human population.. I tend to think it will be natural disaster or more so a combination of natural disasters, however it the rate we go it could also end up a nuclear bomb, though that would be senseless to think you would wipe out a population but also the inhabitable land, it defeats the purpose really. I have a bit of faith in natural disaster, they seem to be getting bigger and better all the time. And floods have a terrible habit of creating disease. So we'll see. As for drowning polar bears, yeah thats really sad, and something very new, but people let the show go on and pretend all is well.

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:32 pm 

I want to get up to Churchill very soon before the Polar Bears are gone. They are such majestic (& dangerous) creatures! Plus, it would be fun to take the train up there… I love trains :D

andz wrote:
You know Chapman, you do have a bit of a point, and really I tend to think that nature is going to level us out, because the cost of sustaining the population is going to outweigh need, and I think we all know money for some is far more valuable than life, with the planet getting sick we wont be able to sustain the population it just wont be possible.. So, sooner of latter, there will be a huge something that’s going to put a halt and reverse on the human population.. I tend to think it will be natural disaster or more so a combination of natural disasters, however it the rate we go it could also end up a nuclear bomb, though that would be senseless to think you would wipe out a population but also the inhabitable land, it defeats the purpose really. I have a bit of faith in natural disaster, they seem to be getting bigger and better all the time. And floods have a terrible habit of creating disease. So we'll see. As for drowning polar bears, yeah thats really sad, and something very new, but people let the show go on and pretend all is well.

Gaïa Theory. I support it…

Tho, I'll refrain from quoting Tool for the nth time.

Mom's gonna fix it up the way it oughtta be… learn to swim… learn to swim…

or not… :oops:

Autrui c'est le Diable.
-Sartre

Q'elle'sar Sidhefire

Unread postPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:34 pm 
You cant swim :?: :shock:

I cant believe it, really :?: You really should learn to swim Q, its always good to know, you just never know when you may have to.