Breaking Political News

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:45 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Its more likely that the first...."Aliens we Contact"...are very simple life forms..
plants, fungi,and bacteria....and yes this also can be very Dangerous to life
on Earth as we know it.

I think Earth("we"- all as one)...however hard it may be....should explore the Cosmos..... :)

Life.....>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life

Life on a rocky peak ...... 8)

Tao is beyond words
and beyond understanding.
Words may be used to speak of it,
but they cannot contain it.

Tao existed before words and names,
before heaven and earth,
before the ten thousand things.
It is the unlimited father and mother
of all limited things.

Therefore, to see beyond boundaries
to the subtle heart of things,
dispense with names,
with concepts,
with expectations and ambitions and differences.

Tao and its many manifestations
arise from the same source:
subtle wonder within mysterious darkness.

This is the beginning of all understanding.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:24 am 

If they are going from earth to space regularly for thousands of years then contacting them shouldn't be that dangerous.

If they wanted to do shit to us they would have already. We are just getting more dangerous, but with what they have we still have no chance of causing them any harm, so destroying us would be a waste.

Its like an ant hill.. sure I will walk out into the field to watch ants and study them all day, but what is the point is dropping a fire cracker on them? The lesser of us do it, not scientists, but kids and regular people for fun. But humans are more animalistic then I am sure Aliens that have their technology are.

To have what they have they must have figured out a way to get past the violence and chaos to survive long enough to master that technology. I am sure by the time humans can get to another planet we will have figured out a way, or have destroyed ourselves by then.

Aliens probably know contacting us would drive us crazy. I mean what would happen if you dropped from the sky ontop of a group of apes in the forest? They would freak, scatter, some would charge you, but overall their would be chaos.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:23 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

TheSunGod wrote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/8642558.stm

Quote:
Aliens almost certainly exist but humans should avoid making contact, Professor Stephen Hawking has warned.

In a series for the Discovery Channel the renowned astrophysicist said it was "perfectly rational" to assume intelligent life exists elsewhere.

But he warned that aliens might simply raid Earth for resources, then move on.

"If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said.

Prof Hawking thinks that, rather than actively trying to communicate with extra-terrestrials, humans should do everything possible to avoid contact.

He explained: "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."

Some paraplegic at a wheel chair, people think he is a genius. Same level of intellect as a Dawkins and the moron who wrote "War of the Worlds." Good thing Hawkins doesn't come around the malls here, he should avoid being around me at an escalator.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:24 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

HolyHaretto wrote:
If they are going from earth to space regularly for thousands of years then contacting them shouldn't be that dangerous.

If they wanted to do shit to us they would have already. We are just getting more dangerous, but with what they have we still have no chance of causing them any harm, so destroying us would be a waste.

Its like an ant hill.. sure I will walk out into the field to watch ants and study them all day, but what is the point is dropping a fire cracker on them? The lesser of us do it, not scientists, but kids and regular people for fun. But humans are more animalistic then I am sure Aliens that have their technology are.

To have what they have they must have figured out a way to get past the violence and chaos to survive long enough to master that technology. I am sure by the time humans can get to another planet we will have figured out a way, or have destroyed ourselves by then.

Aliens probably know contacting us would drive us crazy. I mean what would happen if you dropped from the sky ontop of a group of apes in the forest? They would freak, scatter, some would charge you, but overall their would be chaos.

Interesting ... :)

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:24 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

he proves his theories mathematically without the aid of a pencil and paper. He does the shit in his head and then dictates it to his assistant one letter at a time.

But you equate him to a mall vegetable.

nice.

busted wrote:
All Lebanese immigrants should be investigated.

busted wrote:
The media will decide 'what is paraded around'

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:01 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

Sometimes the simplest message is the most profound. I personally think a good example of this would be:
Quote:
"We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."

But you can't have a budgetary solution if you don't change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to police the world and run this welfare state, all we are going to argue about is who will get the loot.

Patrick J. Buchanan wrote:
Free trade, the Kennedy Round of trade negotiations, the Uruguay Round, the Doha Round, NAFTA, GATT, the WTO — what they all produced is a Magna Carta of the transnational corporation, which looks longingly to the end of nation-states and the arrival of world government.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:30 pm 
Admin

And that is soooo true..