Breaking Political News

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:51 pm 
Admin

Have decided Im sick of 'wanting to believe' ...... so Im taking the leap!!!

I do believe. :D

Theres been to many sightings for it all to be someones airforce doing sneaky flyby's.

If nothing else it will give me something to do on rainy winter sunday afternoons. :wink:

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:18 am 

Rainy & winter do not go together in my neck of the woods, but yes - it would give one something to do on a Sunday Afternoon in Winter :)

Fence sitting is a hard thing (that's why I just can't figure out Agnostics :lol: :wink: ). Good for you Sandy.

As for the timing (as I suggested & Slack elaborated), I do think there is more to this then we're being told (but then, that is different from any other time how? :idea: ).

I still Believe, tho… But more because of the Ancients then some New Mexicans :idea:

Autrui c'est le Diable.
-Sartre

The Truth Against The World! - Sacred Knowledge Dot Org

I Am A Spirit Having A Human Experience

Et bien, tuer tous les Philosophes - ils sont tous dangereux!

Support your Local Independant Artists, Musicians & Lemonade Stands!

Q'elle'sar Sidhefire
Resident Philosopher & Bleeding Heart

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:22 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

The memo doesn't prove anything, look into the history of it, it's been around the block a few times, people have even been convicted of fraud in conection with it....

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=ufo+m ... rQeE2MHvCQ

Quote:
A 1950 FBI memo is creating some recent buzz by UFO supporters who say this provides “smoking gun” evidence that the US government recovered a crashed alien ship and bodies in Roswell, New Mexico in 1947. The memo, found on the FBI vault website and dated March 22, 1950 reports that an informant related information about three flying saucers had been recovered in New Mexico along with three bodies of human shape, but only 3 feet tall, and dressed in metallic cloth.

So, does this “newly found” and “secret” memo confirm what UFO supporters have believed for years, that the government covered up a landing by aliens in Roswell?

Sorry, no.

While the memo is genuine – written up by FBI special agent Guy Hottel, (you can see it on the FBI Vault website) it is not new, is not secret and does not have anything to do a supposed crash by an alien ship in Roswell, New Mexico.

The memo is not classified, as was reported by some websites, and has actually been discussed by UFO supporters for years, having been released in 1976 by the FBI. Even Robert Hastings, the guy who believes UFOs are shutting down nuclear reactors posted a comment on a UFO website that he has been discussing this memo in his talks since 1981.

So, the memo is certainly not new.

Also, the memo is not a secret FBI report, but a third-hand account from agent Hottel reporting what an Air Force investigator was told by an “informant.”

http://www.universetoday.com/84789/fbi- ... n-roswell/

Quote:
The infamous “Hottel memo” was posted on several news websites around the interwebs recently, including the FBI’s “Vault” and even here at Blippitt. The memo allegedly confirms that a UFO crash-landed in Roswell in the 1940s and that the details were covered up.

As it turns out, this memo has been circulating for many years. The “vault” is merely a new file system activated by the FBI this week to make the data more accessible.

The memo details what was told to FBI agent Guy Hottel, special agent in charge of the Washington, D.C. field office, including a description of a crashed spacecraft in New Mexico.

The information in the report is connected to hoax that is some 60 years old, and it resulted in a fraud conviction.

The memo is the result of a long chain of yarn-spinning, but the root of it all was eventually revealed.

The Hottel memo echoes a story from the Wyandotte Echo, a legal publication in Kansas City, Kansas in January of 1950, which was later repeated to Guy Hottel by an Air Force investigator who read the story. That news story draws from the account of one Rudy Fick, a local used car dealer (how did I know this would eventually lead back to car dealer?).

It turns out Fick got the tale from two individuals, I.J. Van Horn and Jack Murphy, who claim they got the story from a man named “Coulter” (it was actually a radio advertising manager named George Koehler).

Are you keeping up? It gets better.

Koehler got the story from Silas Newton. The hoax all began with Newton and his accomplice, Leo Gebauer.

Newton and Gebauer were selling “doodlebugs”, mechanical devices that could supposedly find oil, gas, gold, or whatever else the stooge was interested in discovering.

In a 2003 interview for a documentary entitled The Other Side of Truth (written and directed by Paul Kimball), the late UFO researcher Karl Pflock described the original yarn that was spun that eventually would lead to the infamous Hottel memo.

In that interview, Pflock points out that the main difference between Newton and Gebauer’s story and the many other iterations that preceded it was the fact that they claimed that their “doodlebugs” were better due to the fact that theirs were based on “alien technology.”

http://www.blippitt.com/fbi-hottel-ufo- ... irmed-hoax

Last edited by Dr.X on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:26 am 

I still Believe, tho… But more because of the Ancients then some New Mexicans

Autrui c'est le Diable.
-Sartre

The Truth Against The World! - Sacred Knowledge Dot Org

I Am A Spirit Having A Human Experience

Et bien, tuer tous les Philosophes - ils sont tous dangereux!

Support your Local Independant Artists, Musicians & Lemonade Stands!

Q'elle'sar Sidhefire
Resident Philosopher & Bleeding Heart

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:00 am 
Admin

I can't say that I "Believe"...But I most definitely wonder.
I also can't help but think that extra-terrestrials and time-travel would be inseperable. To come to Earth from a place that is far enough away for intelligent life to exist, it would seem that distances in millions of light-years would have to be covered. And you can't do that without a Flux Capacitor or a Mr. Fusion machine, right?
I also wonder if those Roswellians might be people from Earth's future---like, if in the future our decendents conquer the challenge of time travel, and they've come 'back' to perhaps warn us of impending danger.

"Don't re-elect Obama...Don't re-elect Obama...Don't re-elect Obama..."

:wink:

Mick

"Summer's going fast, nights growing colder...Children growing up, old friends growing older.
Freeze this moment a little bit longer...Make each sensation a little bit stronger."
--'Time Stand Still', Rush

"That some achieve great success is proof to all that others can achieve it, too."
--Abraham Lincoln