Breaking Political News

"It's been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." -- Ronald Reagan
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Elighten me, Drugs
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:08 pm 
Beginner

Can anyone please elighten me as to why people like to drugs like valium, marijuana, shrooms, and the likes. Wheres the fun in it? How is it fun? Why do you it. If your going to answer me with a "cause they do" or "cause i like it" then dont answer this becuase that is the most retarded answer and it doesnt really answer it cause then i can counter with why.

Post subject: re: Elighten me, Drugs
Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:16 pm 

I used to abuse drugs when I was in high school and college. It started as a mind altering experience in an rural area where it was easier to get pot than beer. I continued with it into college where it was a "everyone's doing it" kind of thing. I actually enjoyed a beer buzz over pot. Pot made me withdrawl and paranoid as well as angel dust and opium. I did uppers and downers a few times. Cocaine did nothing for me. Angel dust was the worst crap I ever did...hated it.

As to why they do it? Some people it makes them feel good. Some calms them down. Some it gives them energy. Some it makes them overcome fears such as speaking to the oppozite sex :wink:

Hope thats what your looking for. I havn't done any drugs in 20 years.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:18 pm 
Beginner

Right on. Im only 17 and i was a stoner for a whole month, if that even counts. And it does answer my question, now lets see what other people say.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:52 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

Well, aside from the "high" I get from smoking pot, I find it slows down my thinking a bit so it makes it easier to get ideas out (yes it does make you stupid). Even on a good day, I forget to eat (just one of those routines in life that just doesn't want to click in), on days that I'm depressed, I just don't want to even if I do remember... pot helps ("munchies"), it's not always the best thing but at least I'm eating something... but like everything else in life, its best if taken in moderation.

Neal W. Syrette

Unread postPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:08 am 
Admin

Like anything else, a little pot in moderation probably has never hurt anyone. (So I'm told :wink: )
Personally, I've seen more lives messed up and cut short by alcohol. The legal drug.

Mick