Breaking Political News

Sqlspace has been online since 2003
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
Unread posts View first unread post Rush Limbaugh on Hannity: Does Rush Want Obama to Succeed?

in Opt In

DRIFTER

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:06 am

DRIFTER View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Rush Limbaugh: Racist Pig

in News Media

rebel_lonedog

Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:55 pm

rebel_lonedog View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Abc News, Rush Limbaugh and 666

in Religion

Conservative

Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:58 am

H2O View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post 'I listen to Rush (Limbaugh) every day'

in Americas

The Founder

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:29 pm

Daniel View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Rush Limbaugh: What took CNN so long?

in News Media

NewsBot

Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:32 pm

NewsBot View the latest post

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:07 pm 
Admin

BACKSTAGE CONTROVERSY AFTER NBC DEPICTION OF LIMBAUGH

NBC depiction of talkradio king Rush Limbaugh passed-out in vomit from drug abuse ignited backstage outrage at SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

The animated sketch left one senior production source stunned and outraged.

"Would we have done this to [John] Belushi? [Chris] Farley?" the source said on Sunday from New York.

The source asked not to be identified fearing retribution from SNL's executive producer Lorne Michaels.

"We've had more fu**ing drug addicts on this show through the years... more tragedy. I have lost count. Did we ever have some laughs about Robert Downey Jr.'s serious drug addiction?"

The crass montage which aired on NBC featured Limbaugh vomiting from drugs, in an apparent overdose.

Last year, Limbaugh announced to his radio audience that he was seeking treatment for an addiction to pain medication.

Calls to Michaels office went unreturned late Sunday.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/snl.htm

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:31 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

I expect no end to the distateful liberal portayals of conservatives as Uncle Toms, Aunt Jemimahs, Nazis, Fascistsor any other scare tactic or smear can the can imagine over the next 4 years.

It's still better than the alternative, which is for them to have power.

Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

MrPurple 3:16

Bite me, Founder.

Stand up for SqlSpace equality!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67736

Go Rogue on SqlSpace with me!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67778

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 10:35 pm 
Forum Moderator (American Media)

Belushi? Farley? Is this person placing Limbaugh with comedians and actors? Limbaugh sold thousands of doses of Oxycontin each week. THIS man who is a public figure went completely unpunished for his crimes. Back pain my ass. Synthetic heroin for back pain, that's a new one. I hope Limbaugh DOES O.D. Karma

"It is the internal threat coming from men of good intentions and of good will who wish to reform us....They....would produce a collective state from which they would recoil in horror and of which they would be the first victims. Concentrated power is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those who create it." -- Milton Friedman
visit the American Media forum visit http://www.truthout.com

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:14 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

I think their point was it's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black for SNL to air a segment like this. I'm surprised they chose the Rush cartoon to make their point. They've made fun of numerous people and their struggles with addiction or drug use. Why be offended when Rush is the victim?

This is like Robert Smigel's cartoon I'm guessing? It's not even the SNL staff. He's a relative unkown. Much of his recent work is attacking conservatives. There was some controversy a couple weeks ago I read some people weren't going to watch anymore. I passed over it, couldn't tell you the cartoon, but it was in the Bush bahser vein.

The SNL crew has a decidedly anti-Bush viewpoint, but I think they did a good job with both sides during the election.

Let his days be few; and let another take his office.

MrPurple 3:16

Bite me, Founder.

Stand up for SqlSpace equality!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67736

Go Rogue on SqlSpace with me!

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=67778

Last edited by Mr Purple on Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:14 pm 

I miss Chris Farley...and Phil Hartman :(

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:33 pm 

deano: have you ever been addicted to a drug? if you had been, you wouldn't be saying that crap about rush.

the man got addicted to a pain killer. when you're addicted to something like that, you begin to feel as if you can't live without that drug. your symptoms get "worse" because of your fear.

i am so sick and tired of everyone that bashes this guy because he's a human. just because he says some things you don't like doesn't mean he isn't as fallible as the rest of the world. he became addicted to a drug and is trying to fight his way out. your slam against him is a slap in the face to all people that have been in that position.

Unread postPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 11:41 pm 

Yes crazy I have been and am addicted. But Rush wasn't just a user, HE SOLD. He sold lots. And he snitched on some people and got off on it but STILL gets his show? What does that say to people? It says when you know the right people things often swing DRASTICALLY in your favor. To make things worse he's a skeeving liar, the lowest of the low. If I vomited, re-ingested the vomit, then moved the vomit through my bowels, I would create something resembling the soul of Limbaugh. (Sorry, I thought I'd take it easy on him today.)

"It is the internal threat coming from men of good intentions and of good will who wish to reform us....They....would produce a collective state from which they would recoil in horror and of which they would be the first victims. Concentrated power is not rendered harmless by the good intentions of those who create it." -- Milton Friedman

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 12:01 am 

DeanoexMachina wrote:
Yes crazy I have been and am addicted. But Rush wasn't just a user, HE SOLD. He sold lots. And he snitched on some people and got off on it but STILL gets his show? What does that say to people? It says when you know the right people things often swing DRASTICALLY in your favor. To make things worse he's a skeeving liar, the lowest of the low. If I vomited, re-ingested the vomit, then moved the vomit through my bowels, I would create something resembling the soul of Limbaugh. (Sorry, I thought I'd take it easy on him today.)

Gee Dean, tell us how you really feel :shock:

If Rush is guilty of what you say, why hasn't he been indicted? It's not like Palm Beach county loves the guy...in fact most of them probably feel like you do.

My wife was addicted to......drumroll.........."Afrin nosespray" :shock:

Yes believe it or not she was addicted many years ago to the point she couldn't breath without it. I can remember going to the drugstore late at night because she ran out.

While I have never personally been addicted, I have known people in cronic pain who would do anything to relieve the pain. Just curious, would you come down so hard on the folks busted for growing, having, and smoking pot to relieve their cancer symtoms?

Unread postPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 1:20 am 

Wow I am suprised you really believe Rush took Oxycontin for pain. I am so sure. There is no reason to feel bad for Rush. If he needed drugs for back pain he could have gotten it. He peddled synthetic heroin, thousands of pills a week. Need I say more? Would I come down so hard on a cancer patient using marijuana? Are you joking? Cancer patients usually use marijuana because it's the only thing that will give them an appetite. How do you compare Rush's case with that of a marijuana user? Oxycontin is a drug given to people who lie on death beds. He wasn't indicted because because he implicated so many others (suppliers and customers) that it satisfied someone along the line, not to mention Rush's close ties to super-empowered individuals. But I guess since you've never heard about it before, it just couldn't be true right? Pharmaceutical drug abuse is looming. You think your kids don't look to see what drugs you have? High schoolers know what drugs contain amphetamines and will help them study at night. They also like how few beers they have to drink to get tossed once they've popped one of those 800mg Ibuprofen-like painkillers [Vicodin and Hydrocod(ine)(on)] that seem to be plentiful in most households today. Many kids today see pharmaceutical drugs as "safer." Yeah you know those pills your child takes for ADD and OCHD, yeah kids like to crush those and snort them, yeah that helps you stay up later and drink more beer. (I wish I was joking but I am just speaking from life experiences) Maybe you think it's not your child but this IS happening. Not to mention the fact that we as a whole are too dependent on laboratory drugs anyways, with our fake inoculations. But that's another thread.

P.s. sorry this is such a rant :roll: