Breaking Political News

"It's been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." -- Ronald Reagan
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:37 am 

Kurgan62 wrote:
Not like ciggies, I can't grow tobacco in my back yard without a permit... that is also absurd.

You should be able to grow hemp, cannabis, and tobacco in your back yard at your leisure.

Huh. I guess the law was changed. My Dad tells me stories about him growing tobacco during the depression and selling it to help make ends meet all out of their back yard. I always thought it was legal to grow even now.

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:56 pm 
Gggg's and around here everyone grows pretty pink flowers, but I think most people have no clue what they are, a flower is a flower LOL

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:02 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

Quote:
around here everyone grows pretty pink flowers,

would you be speeking of the infumis poppie ...the one that renders opeum :smurf:

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them." — Paul Valery

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:06 pm 
I believe its a sour flower yes :P

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:11 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

we use fake poppies year for a symbol in a charity drive but right now i cant think of the charity to same me arse lol

they are totally agains the law in the US the real ones that is ...i think i saw them in the garden when i was there

it has also been told that Walt Disney concived steam boat willy (mickey mouse) while enjoying the opeium

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them." — Paul Valery

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:14 pm 
They are totally out of control here now, there are so many wild ones they just come up in gardens now dropped by the birds. They cant police it, oh well

Unread postPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:50 pm 

varmint man wrote:
Huh. I guess the law was changed. My Dad tells me stories about him growing tobacco during the depression and selling it to help make ends meet all out of their back yard. I always thought it was legal to grow even now.

You certainly aren't able to sell it without a permit, growing it is probably legal but here in PA you are limited to certain varieties and other trivial matters.

Overall the amount of taxation and regulation on the plant is out the window absurd, I enjoy a nice cigar but I'll never touch cigarettes.

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
P.J. O'Rourke wrote:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 6:34 pm 

Kurgan62 wrote:
varmint man wrote:

You certainly aren't able to sell it without a permit, growing it is probably legal but here in PA you are limited to certain varieties and other trivial matters.

Overall the amount of taxation and regulation on the plant is out the window absurd, I enjoy a nice cigar but I'll never touch cigarettes.

I love a good cigar and have some Honduran 5 star robustos that are just a pleasure to smoke. They were given to me with the story that they were rolled in a 16 year old virgins thighs. I know it was a grizzled old man but I am sticking with the young lady :D

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe