Breaking Political News

Sqlspace has been online since 2003
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:04 pm 
Master Sqlspacer

Quote:
The federal government is not going to pull back on its efforts to curtail marijuana farming operations, Gil Kerlikowske, director of the White House's Office of National Drug Control Policy, said Wednesday in Fresno.

The nation's drug czar, who viewed a foothill marijuana farm on U.S. Forest Service land with state and local officials earlier Wednesday, said the federal government will not support legalizing marijuana.

"Legalization is not in the president's vocabulary, and it's not in mine," he said.

Kerlikowske said he can understand why legislators are talking about taxing marijuana cultivation to help cash-strapped government agencies in California. But the federal government views marijuana as a harmful and addictive drug, he said.

"Marijuana is dangerous and has no medicinal benefit," Kerlikowske said in downtown Fresno while discussing Operation SOS -- Save Our Sierra -- a multiagency effort to eradicate marijuana in eastern Fresno County.

http://www.fresnobee.com/local/story/1553061.html

I am pretty sure there was rhetoric on the campaign trail about how the War On Drugsā„¢ wasn't working etc etc?

Slackvision wrote:
AlQ was built by "us" and they work for "us".
Slackvision wrote:
You're going to hell with fire and brimstone if you don't get on board with the plan.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:12 pm 

Well if that picture is any indication of what will happen with legal drugs I am against it.....Every one knows that a red codpiece is so last year 8)

"Filled with mingled cream and amber I will drain that glass again. Such hilarious visions clamber through the chambers of my brain--Quaintest thoughts--queerest fancies come to life and fade away; Who cares how time advances? I am drinking ale today"-Edgar Alan Poe

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:36 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

I should have the freedom to smoke weed if I want to. If you don't so be it. What I do in my bed room, you might not do in yours.
The propaganda about weed that you see on TV, nothing but lies.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:33 pm 
Admin

Quote:
Kerlikowske said he can understand why legislators are talking about taxing marijuana cultivation to help cash-strapped government agencies in California. But the federal government views marijuana as a harmful and addictive drug, he said.

"Marijuana is dangerous and has no medicinal benefit," Kerlikowske said in downtown Fresno while discussing Operation SOS -- Save Our Sierra -- a multiagency effort to eradicate marijuana in eastern Fresno County.

So the fact that big Pharma is currently developing medications based on Marijuana because it has been proven as one of the last drugs that benefit sufferers of illnesses such as MS dosent count? The fact that Dr's agree that its benefits outweigh the risks dont count? The fact that it has been proven to be not physically addictive dosent count? I am of course leaving out the lung damage that all smoking causes...

This guy needs to be replaced with someone that has the real knowledge and an open mind. No Im not saying he should be 'for' it...but he needs to look at it from a neutral point of view and carefully weigh up the evidence. It never ceases to amaze me how these guys always manage to mix everything together (including their personal views) instead of looking at all components seperately and deal with them as parts of whole. The mexican drug cartel shouldnt be coming into the debate as to whether it should be either a medical use...taxed or legalized. A 'czar' or as we call it...an ombudsman needs to be impartial or all you have is big brother...

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:41 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

I just dont know why politicians in all countries are so scared to pick this one up. Prohibition just does not work on any level. Never did . Yet every year we waste billions chasing our tails. We criminalise our young people for smoking a joint or popping a couple of pills on a friday night? but if they drink themselves to death with our socially acceptable drug then thats fine. confusing to say the least. imho alcohol is one of the most dangerous drugs out there. I've lost good friends and family to it.
I know 2 wrongs dont make a right but i honestly believe that prohibition does more harm than good. its a waste of money and virtually unenforcable. It seems nobody in power has the balls to tackle it.

http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
http://www.theantiterrorist.co.uk/
http://lawfulrebellion.org/
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/