Breaking Political News

Sqlspace has been online since 2003
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
Unread posts View first unread post Bush faces Legal Fight over NSA spying on Americans

in Police State and Big Brother

The Founder

Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:08 pm

The Founder View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post memo reveals legal case for drone strikes on Americans

in Human Rights and War Crimes

Kurious

Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:33 am

Kurious View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post D.C. in the Weed(s) - growing their own?

in War on Drugs

Sandy

Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 am

alle-mark View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post mathew was smokin weed ..

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

in Religion

beenie

Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:49 pm

Conservative View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post CNN projects income from taxing weed

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in War on Drugs

The Founder

Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:57 am

thenewbob View the latest post

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:15 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

varmint man wrote:
Clayphish wrote:
I can't say I'm an advocate for pot. Far from it, actually. To me its not about if or how it causes violence or not, but how it can permanently impact how the brain functions if used excessively. I've seen 2 people in my life which have been forever changed because of this drug, while its so-called advocates say its "harmless".

While it can't be directly linked to violence, it does cause extreme mood swings in many sufferers, which then can induce violent tendencies. This is usually the case when off the drug, btw. It also can cause chronic and debilitating anxiety and even leads to other mood disorders like bipolar and schizophrenia.

Honestly, people need to stop listening to the grass root lobbyists. It isn't all roses as its being portrayed.

You know Clay the same can be said for alcohol. So should we make booze illegal. I guess I am in the camp of you sh!t in your bed you sleep in it. If somebody does to much pot or booze then that is their problem. I will not try to legislate anything until their problem affects my life then it will be a law to protect me from the stupidity of others not banning it altogether.

True true, but with the alcohol the risks are known and clear. With pot, there is a lot of unknowns and misinformation associated with it. So while someone my permanently screw themselves up, I think maybe its up to our government to make the risks known. The same goes for any substance which can cause harm. Take different chemicals with massive amounts of carcinogens. The public need to know what they're consuming if its to be unbanned.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:14 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

Quote:
Kurious if you ever know anybody who smokes into their 40's and then quits, you'll understand what clay is talking about.

See, no. YMMV, but I do know people in this bracket and their minds are sharp. More then likely the people Clay know either dabbled in other drugs or have a history of mental issues.

Sungod, I think you have been watching too many government 'just say no' films.

However,
Quote:
marijuana kills motivation

There is some truth to this. Habitual smoking can easily lead to lack of production; or worse, motivation only when high.

Although Marijuana is less addictive then virtually everything else out there, alcohol and cigarettes included, it is still a drug. As such moderation is the key.

But you can't have a budgetary solution if you don't change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to police the world and run this welfare state, all we are going to argue about is who will get the loot.

Patrick J. Buchanan wrote:
Free trade, the Kennedy Round of trade negotiations, the Uruguay Round, the Doha Round, NAFTA, GATT, the WTO — what they all produced is a Magna Carta of the transnational corporation, which looks longingly to the end of nation-states and the arrival of world government.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 11:08 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

Medical research has been banned on MJ since MJ was banned. Further testing should be undertaken before just saying "fuck it, make it legal [,man]". SunGod and Clay are right, it does change your head, it can induce permanent anxiety disorders waaaaaaay after you quit smoking it, and you don't have to be a 20 year addict to get the anxiety. You can smoke it off-and-on for 6 months and be permanently changed. I've seen it.

busted wrote:
All Lebanese immigrants should be investigated.

busted wrote:
The media will decide 'what is paraded around'

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:24 am 

Any habitual activity involving a substance or not will eventually change you... it is about the culture and the experience. Yes you lose motivation, that being almost exclusively a temporary effect, but that is not an argument for making it illegal.

If the person smoking it doesn't harm another person where does the reasoning come from to force them to stop?

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
P.J. O'Rourke wrote:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Unread postPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:53 am 
Master Sqlspacer

No one is talking about the benefit of medicinal use here.

I was afraid of that.

/all drugs effect people differently

Slackvision wrote:
Isis does our bidding.

Slackvision wrote:
AlQ was built by "us" and they work for "us".
Slackvision wrote:
You're going to hell with fire and brimstone if you don't get on board with the plan.