Breaking Political News

Sqlspace has been online since 2003
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:58 pm 
Admin

Quote:
D.C. in the Weed(s)

Medical marijuana users in the District may not have to go to a clinic or a doctor’s office to get their dose; they may be able to go into their backyard.

D.C. Council is thinking of adding a provision to the new medical marijuana bill that would allow some users to grow plants for their own use. They’d likely be limited to two plants per home.

Full story

Up go the steel fences. :)

Unread postPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:34 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

I agree Sandy finally something worth fighting for...

Now all they need to do as apply that to all areas of the country, and also recognize the right to self medicate.

And on the wings of that hope, I would like to see all of that fighting in Mexico go towards legalization on that side of the border, perhaps they would have an economy and we wouldn't get their jobless losers.

War is a biological necessity of the first importance, a regulative element in the life of mankind which cannot be dispensed with, since without it an unhealthy development will follow, which excludes every advancement of the race, and therefore all real civilization.-Friedrich von Bernhardi

What can be said for a man who would allow his home to be invaded by strangers who demanded they be fed, clothed, housed and granted the rights of the first-born? What can be said for a ruling elite that permits this to be done to the nation, and who celebrate it as a milestone of moral progress?-Pat Buchanan

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:35 am 
Admin

I dont know what the answer is SG. I know that there shouldnt be an issue with growing and using for medical reasons (leaving aside the 'normal' use for a moment) but its also obvious that people will abuse that and wreck it for others. Self medicating then merges it into 'normal use' for some people. Where do you draw the line? More importantly .. should there be a line?

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 1:10 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

For centuries mankind did all sorts of shit, we've never had to worry so much about this technological advantage the authorities have. You did your own thing... but there are 3 factors leading to the decay of societies; democracy which encourages special interests groups to contribute, and as a result fuck things up for those too busy to complain, capitalism which is the driving economic force between modern society, it finances the bureaucracy and the trade off for our souls is delicious food among other things, and the growth of government in general stemming from the first two problems.

Here is the ultimate line, which I will draw for you if I may, and let's see if this would be universally acceptable.

You'll remember the temperance movement of the late 20's, which was the result of rapid industrialization and the unacceptable social conditions that followed. The major force behind that movement, excluding religious nuts, was women who were upset at the condition their men fell into from drinking. And when they got their dry spell, well the country had a major withdrawal and eventually went back to the status quo, it's addiction.

The problem with any drug then is it's effect on the family. Just consider the difference between what Prozac does to a person and marijuana. Prozac zaps your personality, marijuana highlights it. And of course, you have to look at family structures as only being as functional as the people themselves, which isn't saying a lot in many cases, so of course with everything you take it on a case by case basis.

Is marijuana illegal for the health implications? Negative; it's the social aspect of it's use which scares the system.

Anyway, my point is just this: There should be no lines drawn. That's not what the government is for, to promote the general welfare of the nation is not the same thing as waging propaganda warfare on recreational or medicinal substances.

The problem is that the government is busy stuffing it's fat pockets with tax money for it's police forces, it's busy combating gangs and african american violence in large cities, and it has no time for personal freedom.

Where do we draw the line? That question supposes that "we" refers to we the people, as if we actually had a say. It's like, you want the government to do the right thing, it seems so obvious most of the time, and if there is disagreement you would THINK the solution would be the one that promotes the least government interference, but it's a fact that the government cannot shrink itself because, well who wants to give up power? People don't make decisions for themselves, the government does, you see how this is the actual line you've drawn by assuming that the government should be involved in regulating morals in such a negligible case?

War is a biological necessity of the first importance, a regulative element in the life of mankind which cannot be dispensed with, since without it an unhealthy development will follow, which excludes every advancement of the race, and therefore all real civilization.-Friedrich von Bernhardi

What can be said for a man who would allow his home to be invaded by strangers who demanded they be fed, clothed, housed and granted the rights of the first-born? What can be said for a ruling elite that permits this to be done to the nation, and who celebrate it as a milestone of moral progress?-Pat Buchanan

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:50 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Mankinds use of weed goes back to the begining of time. To be honest it doesn't matter a shit what laws they make/ change people are gonna smoke it regardless. if they introduced the death penalty for smoking a joint would I stop smoking it? No Id just be more careful. its the same with all drugs from booze to coke. the fact that they think these stupid prohibition laws change anything is laughable because aside from the fact that people couldn't care less they're pretty much unenforcable anyway. All that cash being wasted for what exactly? Hundreds of thousands of people illegaly grow their own here in the uk and good for them i say. Its a tax free high and way less damaging in almost every way than alcohol is. Skin Up!!!

http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
http://www.theantiterrorist.co.uk/
http://lawfulrebellion.org/
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 am 
I Actually Posted!

Thanks for explaining this political news for medical marijuana dc. There are now many new things are introduced for doing such activities. While searching I found the stuff for medical marijuana dc as they also explained the complete topics with medical facilities.