Breaking Political News

Sqlspace has been online since 2003
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
Unread posts View first unread post Poll finds 83% of Americans believe God answers prayers

[ Go to page: 1, 2 ]

in Americas

busted

Thu May 06, 2010 5:14 pm

andz View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Poll Finds Most Americans Displeased With Congress

in Americas

JWAZ

Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:08 pm

CSH View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Poll Finds About Half of Iraqis Back Attacks on Americans

in Middle East

rebel_lonedog

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:51 pm

rebel_lonedog View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Record-High 50% of Americans Favor Legalizing Marijuana Use

in War on Drugs

NewsBot

Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:56 am

PAULI View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Poll Finds Wariness About Cutting Entitlements

in Americas

JWAZ

Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:24 pm

varmint man View the latest post

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:49 pm 

There are side effects to everything Busted, and they are neither guaranteed nor necessarily bad. You do not define bad for someone else, understand?

Tobacco and caffeine are way worse for the body, yet are legal. This whole thing is a cultural war not an argument against aggression or the good of society.

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
P.J. O'Rourke wrote:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:08 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

Quote:
There are side effects to everything Busted, and they are neither guaranteed nor necessarily bad.

This is true.

However, that said I have to add a very interesting caveat:

Quote:
Quote:
Marijuana Doubles Risk of Schizophrenia

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/arc ... 01475.html

From the Comments section of said article:
Posted by: David Dunn at May 15, 2005 05:30 AM

The study is ridiculous. I first developed schizophrenia in 1975 at the age of 24. After terrible experience with the DISEASE, which is what it is, they hit on giving me prolixin which proved to be very effective on me. When I could have had disability handed to me on a silver platter long ago, I have chosen to work and still do. I could go into great detail about my subjective and objective observations about the disease, and will do so on another board somewhere on this site as I have taken a recent interest in the site in order to share my personal experience with the disease and my own objective and subjective experience with it.
But the simple point to make in refuting this absurd study is that if cannabis use really made more people schizophrenic then it would show up in the per capita statistics which it does not. Schizophrenics continue to make up a steady one per cent of the population. This is clear indication that the disease is genetic in nature.

Well said David.

But you can't have a budgetary solution if you don't change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to police the world and run this welfare state, all we are going to argue about is who will get the loot.

Patrick J. Buchanan wrote:
Free trade, the Kennedy Round of trade negotiations, the Uruguay Round, the Doha Round, NAFTA, GATT, the WTO — what they all produced is a Magna Carta of the transnational corporation, which looks longingly to the end of nation-states and the arrival of world government.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:59 am 
Master Sqlspacer

I have seen several people over the years hit the ground after a couple of hits. Have any of you seen this before?

Granted this was a very high grade of weed that is pretty common down here, but I have seen some pretty strange reactions.

All drugs affect people differently IMO, weed makes most smart people average and dumb people blathering idiots.

Quote:

Slackvision wrote:
Isis does our bidding.

Slackvision wrote:
AlQ was built by "us" and they work for "us".
Slackvision wrote:
You're going to hell with fire and brimstone if you don't get on board with the plan.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:15 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

The Mentat wrote:
Hey, welcome to REAL matters, America. Took some time. Though not as long for the Islam is taking to become civilized. ZING! Sorry, couldn't help it. Recent news is making me cringe.

You're right mentat. Notice how stupid fake news like this is taking precedence over the real news, such as the banking scandals and the unregulated criminal looting of the economy. Really who cares about pot, this isn't a real news story. We are spending billions of dollars to hold Afghan farmers at gunpoint to produce opium, which is then turned into heroin, shipped to Europe and all across the world. Religious wackos are brainwashed to think we are there to help those people and save them from bad regimes. No difference from the relgious morons who think that pot should be legalized or that this is some serious thing we should be worried about.

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers."
--Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:54 pm 
Master Sqlspacer

Study Finds No Cancer-Marijuana Connection

By Marc Kaufman
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, May 26, 2006

The largest study of its kind has unexpectedly concluded that smoking marijuana, even regularly and heavily, does not lead to lung cancer.

The new findings "were against our expectations," said Donald Tashkin of the University of California at Los Angeles, a pulmonologist who has studied marijuana for 30 years.

"We hypothesized that there would be a positive association between marijuana use and lung cancer, and that the association would be more positive with heavier use," he said. "What we found instead was no association at all, and even a suggestion of some protective effect."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

JWAZ - drug war = huge waste of our money with next to nothing but damage to show for the investment. Legalize it, tax it, regulate it. This is one of the most insane policies our government clings to. Now, there's something unhealthy... clinging to this stupid prohibition.

In the Hindu legend of the Mahabharata, the divine Krishna declared:
This is the sum of duty: Do nothing unto others which would cause you pain
if done to you.

In the Gospel of Matthew in the Christian scriptures, the messiah Jesus says:
Whatever you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.

In the Buddhist text of the Udanavarga, the student is urged:
Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful.

In the Muslim Hadith of al Nawawi, the prophet Mohammed teaches:
No one of you is a believer until he desires for his brother that which he
desires for himself.

In the T'ai Shang treatise of Taoism, the seeker is instructed:
Regard your neighbor's gain as your gain, and your neighbor's loss as your
own loss.

In the ancient wisdom of Shinto there is a saying: The heart of the person before you is a mirror. See there your own form.

The Oglala Lakota spiritual leader Black Elk wrote:
All things are our relatives; what we do to everything, we do to ourselves.