Breaking Political News

"It's been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." -- Ronald Reagan
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:19 am 
Master Sqlspacer

Quote:

LOS ANGELES (April 20) -- Most Americans still oppose legalizing marijuana but larger majorities believe pot has medical benefits and the government should allow its use for that purpose, according to an Associated Press-CNBC poll released Tuesday.

Respondents were skeptical that crime would spike if marijuana is decriminalized or that it would lead more people to harder drugs like heroin or cocaine. There also was a nearly even split on whether government spends too much or the right amount enforcing marijuana laws. Almost no one thinks too little is spent.

Most Americans think marijuana shouldn't be legalized, but that it should be allowed for medical purposes, a new poll found.
Marijuana use - medically and recreationally - is getting more attention in the political arena

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/article/a ... a/19446598

And of course, there is a poll at the bottom of this story that shows 80% support...lol

Slackvision wrote:
AlQ was built by "us" and they work for "us".
Slackvision wrote:
You're going to hell with fire and brimstone if you don't get on board with the plan.

“After seven years of an Administration that has stretched our military to the breaking point, ignored deplorable conditions at some VA hospitals, and neglected the planning and preparation necessary to care for our returning heroes, America’s veterans deserve a President who will fight for them not just when it’s easy or convenient, but every hour of every day for the next four years.”

-Barack Obama, November 12, 2007

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:26 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Hey, welcome to REAL matters, America. Took some time. Though not as long for the Islam is taking to become civilized. ZING! Sorry, couldn't help it. Recent news is making me cringe.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 am 

So what part of some guy burning a plant in his own home hurts other people again?

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
P.J. O'Rourke wrote:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:40 am 
Master Sqlspacer

Kurgan62 wrote:
So what part of some guy burning a plant in his own home hurts other people again?

[liveleak]213fa372ff[/liveleak]

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=213fa372ff

Slackvision wrote:
Slackvision wrote:
You're going to hell with fire and brimstone if you don't get on board with the plan.

“After seven years of an Administration that has stretched our military to the breaking point, ignored deplorable conditions at some VA hospitals, and neglected the planning and preparation necessary to care for our returning heroes, America’s veterans deserve a President who will fight for them not just when it’s easy or convenient, but every hour of every day for the next four years.”

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Quote:
And of course, there is a poll at the bottom of this story that shows 80% support...lol

That is funny, but also expected.

The informal poll has 8,704 participants; whereas the AP-CNBC (DEA) Poll had 1,001; ten to one they messed with the sampling too.

From propaganda like reefer madness to skewed polls... anything to perpetuate the very costly and ultimately failed war on drugs. :(

But you can't have a budgetary solution if you don't change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to police the world and run this welfare state, all we are going to argue about is who will get the loot.

Patrick J. Buchanan wrote:
Free trade, the Kennedy Round of trade negotiations, the Uruguay Round, the Doha Round, NAFTA, GATT, the WTO — what they all produced is a Magna Carta of the transnational corporation, which looks longingly to the end of nation-states and the arrival of world government.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:03 pm 

You see once again I just can't tell if you are being serious. This is like the Colbert thing... your perception is so skewed that you might actually take that video seriously.

Also I will ask you (again): what has the act of burning a plant ever done to you? or other people.

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
P.J. O'Rourke wrote:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:02 pm 
Master Sqlspacer

Kurgan62 wrote:
You see once again I just can't tell if you are being serious. This is like the Colbert thing... your perception is so skewed that you might actually take that video seriously.

Also I will ask you (again): what has the act of burning a plant ever done to you? or other people.

lol..Kurgan, I just like to keep you guessing.

Reefer Madness was hilarious, interesting that it came out about the time that the pharmaceutical company's started eh?

I really don't think you guys want it legalized and regulated. Your Oz. of chronic would go from 300 to 600 bucks overnight.

Slackvision wrote:
Slackvision wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:22 pm 

busted wrote:
I really don't think you guys want it legalized and regulated. Your Oz. of chronic would go from 300 to 600 bucks overnight.

The price wouldn't rise if it were regulated/'legalized'... it may even drop.

I don't advocate legalization because I want to smoke it, I can do that regardless of the law. I simply want thousands of incarcerated people who have done nothing to another individual released from prison... and therefore doing something productive for society. Removing the laws will also reduce the violent proliferation to near zero, no more drug gangs, no more cartels, no more "war on drugs".

Less violence, less coercion, more voluntary interaction. All staples of a healthy society.

If you think smoking and driving puts people in danger advocate making that action illegal. Smoking in one's home has nothing to do with driving intoxicated.

P.J. O'Rourke wrote:

Unread postPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:38 pm 
Master Sqlspacer

There are side affects you know..

Quote:
Marijuana Doubles Risk of Schizophrenia

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/arc ... 01475.html

Just look at this dude, he ain't right

Slackvision wrote:
Slackvision wrote: