All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Similar Topics   Author   Replies   Views   Last post 
Unread posts View first unread post Woodstock Festival 1969 -Today....Smiles

[ Go to page: 1, 2, 3, 4 ]

in Google/You Tube Videos

DRIFTER

Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:25 pm

Q'elle'sar View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Cops arrest Christians at Dearborn Arab festival

in Americas

busted

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:51 pm

busted View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Paris festival called off after anti-American threats

in United Kingdom - Europe

Sandy

Sun May 20, 2007 9:18 pm

Sandy View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Stallion semen has Kiwis raring to go for Wildfoods festival

in Asia and Pacific

Sandy

Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:53 pm

varmint man View the latest post

Unread posts View first unread post Mich. Arab festival being moved after religious tensions

in Americas

The Founder

Wed May 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Slackvision View the latest post

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 3:32 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Organisers of this summer's music festivals have been asked by the government to warn revellers about "legal highs".

Minister for Crime Prevention, James Brokenshire, wrote to festival organisers asking them to warn people how such substances could be dangerous.

He said drug laws would be changed and a temporary ban may be introduced while "full scientific advice" was sought.

Letters were also sent to councils and police forces in festival areas.

Mr Brokenshire said: "During the festival season we know that people may be tempted to try potentially dangerous new drugs, particularly when they are advertised as 'legal' or 'herbal'.

"That is why we are asking festival organisers and police to work with us to send out the message that these substances may not be safe and could contain illegal drugs.

"We are going to change our drug laws so we can respond quickly to emerging substances by introducing a temporary ban while we seek full scientific advice."
'Protect the public'

Some drugs previously sold as "legal highs" have now been banned, including mephedrone, now a Class B drug.

The Home Office said that the drug naphyrone is branded as NRG1 and sold as "plant food" or "bath salts", but may contain one or more illegal drugs.

The government said it will not permanently ban a substance without receiving full advice from the Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs.

In the letter sent to festival organisers, Mr Brokenshire said: "As part of your preparations for this year's event I ask you to review the measures you have put in place to ensure that your festival is as safe an environment as possible, to help protect the public, especially young people from the potential harms and risks of all drugs."

The government's advice has been welcomed by Melvin Benn, managing director of Festival Republic, which stages the Latitude, Big Chill and Reading and Leeds Festivals.

He said: "I can confirm that we do not allow legal high traders to trade at any Festival Republic festival and fully support the minister's view."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10359383.stm

Above is a lesson in how to waste money. isn't it nice how much my government cares about my well being? you know if they really were concerned about dangerous life threatening chemicals maybe they should start by banning tobbaco and alcohol then they should look at food additives like aspertame and the flouride in my water supply. all of which are just as toxic as anything they're trying to ban. Our drug laws are there to protect the profits of the corporations not the health of the people.pathetic.

http://www.positivemoney.org.uk/
http://www.theantiterrorist.co.uk/
http://lawfulrebellion.org/
http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/

Unread postPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:11 pm 
Admin

Oz dosent have 'legal highs'.. but NZ does. OMG it blew me away when I got here and found there were shops just selling party pills. Until I found out what was in them...dear God I wouldnt touch them with a 10ft barge pole. They have since banned a lot of them in the last 2 yrs though.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:47 am 
Master Sqlspacer

OH N20's!!

Slackvision wrote:
Isis does our bidding.

Slackvision wrote:
AlQ was built by "us" and they work for "us".
Slackvision wrote:
You're going to hell with fire and brimstone if you don't get on board with the plan.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:05 pm 
Professional SqlSpacer

They could throw 200 trillion at this prohibition joke. It wouldnt change it thing. It didn't work yesterday, it doesn't work now and it wont work tommorow. If you want drug related crime off of the streets then global legalization of everything is the only game in town. They're not stupid. They know this. So why does it not happen?????

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:49 pm 

Don't do Marijuana... you could get arrested... (SEE, IT IS DANGEROUS!)

Awesome logic.

A wise and frugal government which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned.
P.J. O'Rourke wrote:
There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences.

Unread postPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:06 pm 

thenewbob wrote:
They could throw 200 trillion at this prohibition joke. It wouldnt change it thing. It didn't work yesterday, it doesn't work now and it wont work tommorow. If you want drug related crime off of the streets then global legalization of everything is the only game in town. They're not stupid. They know this. So why does it not happen?????

$

$

&

more

$

What other reason is there?

Really?

You're right. How has the "War On Drugs" benefited society? We still have criminal organizations who wield awesome power (both on the street & in government). We still have addicts who have destroyed their lives & the lives of those who love them. And we still have governments giving us the same old tired & tested message of "Kids don't do drugs" when the kids are already doing drugs :idea:

Funny what we put up with…

Sheep.

That's what we are.

A great big massive Mob of Sheep.

Turn on your TV, open a Beer & watch Survivor (or some other crap show). That's what your Government wants :idea:

Autrui c'est le Diable.
-Sartre

The Truth Against The World! - Sacred Knowledge Dot Org

I Am A Spirit Having A Human Experience

Et bien, tuer tous les Philosophes - ils sont tous dangereux!

Support your Local Independant Artists, Musicians & Lemonade Stands!

Q'elle'sar Sidhefire
Resident Philosopher & Bleeding Heart

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:58 am 
Professional SqlSpacer

Q'elle'sar wrote:
thenewbob wrote:

$

$

&

more

$

What other reason is there?

Really?

You're right. How has the "War On Drugs" benefited society? We still have criminal organizations who wield awesome power (both on the street & in government). We still have addicts who have destroyed their lives & the lives of those who love them. And we still have governments giving us the same old tired & tested message of "Kids don't do drugs" when the kids are already doing drugs :idea:

Funny what we put up with…

Sheep.

That's what we are.

A great big massive Mob of Sheep.

Turn on your TV, open a Beer & watch Survivor (or some other crap show). That's what your Government wants :idea:

Exactly. Also I would argue it's hard to justify cctv, more police powers, removal of civil liberties etc ,etc, etc, etc, when crime has dropped by about 90% over night.

Unread postPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:23 pm 

And I think if anything, History should teach us what works & what doesn't. I mean, Prohibition was a massive success, now wasn't it? :roll: Making something illegal to consume only raises it's perceived value. It's a marketing ploy - & given the kick backs governments & law enforcement agencies (never mind bribes, &c…) receive from the drug trade, never mind the millions of $$$s criminal organizations (including those dreaded "Terrorist Groups") make, I think there's a lot of people making a lot of money off of stuff that left to (& I hate to use the term :twisted: ) "Natural Selection" would probably not have the same value, let alone rate of consumption :idea:

Case & point :arrow: Afghanistan's Poppy crops. The "Western" world wants those poor farmers to sell them their Poppy harvest cheap so that Pharmaseudical companies can make massive profits on legal medications that are needed throughout the world (the old "Buy Low Sell High mantra of Capitalism :evil: ). But those poor Afghan poppy farmers aren't stupid. They know they get a higher price from the Warlords & Al Qæda operatives who then sell the Poppies on the black market to supply the Drug Trade (which then finances their on-going guerilla war against the West :roll: ). Simple solution would be to offer these farmers fair market price (& by that I mean what the black market values them at) & keep the supply for positive purposes (pain killing drugs) then to add more to the negative purposes (heroin, &c…). But, I mean - that would just be too easy & cutting into too many possible Pharma-Mega-Corp Profits (which don't exist since those farmers would rather make the money off the black market anyway :roll: ).

Gotta wonder who gets what kick-back? Oh course, I don't want to know - 'cos then I'd be on a hit-list :idea:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: STUPID GREEDY HUMANS :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

And "Ya'll" wonder why I have problems with "Capitalism"… :roll:

Autrui c'est le Diable.
-Sartre

The Truth Against The World! - Sacred Knowledge Dot Org

I Am A Spirit Having A Human Experience

Et bien, tuer tous les Philosophes - ils sont tous dangereux!

Support your Local Independant Artists, Musicians & Lemonade Stands!

Q'elle'sar Sidhefire
Resident Philosopher & Bleeding Heart